Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rest

Today is my first Saturday off in I don't know how long, and tomorrow will be my first time to go to church in about a month. I have been busy at the ropes course every weekend for a while and I am truly grateful for a day off. I've been trying to settle into a "Sabbath" every week. I know we are supposed to have those but they are usually filled with some sort of work to one extent or another. So one day a week I try to do nothing I would consider work. It is truly refreshing for the soul to have no agenda, no hurry, and no worries. And today is that day for me. A morning at Java House (yummy coffee and pancakes) followed by sweet fellowship with the Lord and now some afternoon of internet time (and probably another cup of coffee). About this time in the afternoon, if I am on the internet, I think about America and the rising sun. Soon my friends and family across the Atlantic will be crawling out of bed and I look forward to whoever feels the desire to get online. From Blogger to Facebook to Yahoo, Gmail, and Adventures emails not to mention texting and Skype, it's nearly impossible to get away from communication. Speaking of - Mom is up at 6am and ready to chat! Wedding plans are demanding so I will leave you now and talk about bands, registries, and invitations for the rest of the afternoon. I love you all soooo much, looking forward to another update soon.



Tusker - I can't wait to get home to my baby :)

3 comments:

Beebs said...

happy almost birthday friend!! are you going to be here or there for it? i miss you. glad to see that you are doing well. love reading your blog. you are a constant reminder that God is good and present. thanks for being so great. i love you!!

Janet said...

Wedding Plans long distance, technology boggles my mind. May your week be peaceful and productive at the same time.

Liz said...

Penny, I just "discovered" this blog of yours and it seems like you are having an amazing experience in Kenya! Your writing really touched me as I read about what God is doing, how he brought you and Charlie together, and just life in general. I wish I could just sit and listen to more of your story since it has been a little while since I've seen you, but I know how hectic things can get working and planning a wedding and all that jazz. So just know that you have been an encouragement to me and helped remind me that God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, is good - something I seem to be forgetting lately. Love you.

Post a Comment