Friday, December 4, 2009

The Tour



I have had a few people comment to me lately that they miss my blog posts. Who knew?! I figured once I got back to the states no one would be that interested in my measly little life. But for those few and faithful....I Love You! I flew from Nairobi to Dallas, TX (of course with a couple of stops in between) with my wedding dress in a zip lock bag in my backpack. There is a slowness and simplicity I am already missing about Kenya. Today I was thinking "I never could have gotten this many things done in one day in Nairobi." While many things in the states are so much more convenient (like a hot shower ANY time I want it) I do miss taking things slow and the "we will get there when we get there" mentality of Kenyans.

So here is the rundown of life in the past three weeks:
Got picked up by Charlie at the Dallas airport and drove to Waco
I finally got to meet Charlie's family
Charlie put the most beautiful ring on my finger, officially engaged
Flew from Waco to Atlanta
Drove from Georgia to Florida
The Pennington's finally got to meet Charlie
Drove from Florida to Georgia
Flew from Atlanta to San Antonio
Meet Charlie's extended family
Drove to Waco
Four engagement parties
Four Thanksgiving dinners
Signed a lease on a house

So at this point it is hard to figure out which way is up. Oh and did I mention we are getting married in 30 days?! It is only by the grace of God and our amazing parents that things are getting planned and running as smooth as possible. Thank you for loving the future "Boyd Family" we look forward to seeing many of you January 3rd!


1 comments:

Page said...

Amy (cristina) and I were just talking about you the other day! (all good, of course!) I don't envy you all the wedding planning, but it will be so worthwhile in the end. I remember thinking (as the night whirled by) that this was probably the only time I would have everybody my hubby and I love all in one room. Awesome.

Post a Comment